Province of New Brunswick

Site Map -  Complete index to site
What's New - on this site
Tourism NB - Tourism information on New Brunswick
Information NB - all about New Brunswick
Fun Stuff - Free stuff, humor, recipes & more!
Photo Gallery - A picture guide of New Brunswick
Message Center looking for a loved one or just want to say hello this is the place for you!
NB Links - All things New Brunswick, over 2,500 links to choice from!
NB Genealogy - Track your New Brunswick roots here!
Free NB Guide - You can order it free right here!

new-brunswick.net logo
World's largest covered bridge, Hartland New Brunswick
Covered Bridges of New Brunswick

home
Counties of New Brunswick

HOME ALBERT CARLETON CHARLOTTE GLOUCHESTER KENT
KINGS MADAWASKA NORTHUMBERLAND QUEENS RESTIGOUCHE
SAINT JOHN SUNBURY VICTORIA WESTMORELAND YORK

Just choose a county from the selection above to view the Covered Bridges in that area.
All information below is provided by the Department of Transportation

Department of Transportation
P.O. Box 6000
Fredericton, N.B. CANADA E3B 5H1
Tel.: (506) 453-3939 Fax: (506) 453-2900


Restigouche
There are no covered bridges located in Restigouche County.
back

Glouchester
There are no covered bridges located in Gloucester County.
back

Northumberland

MILL BROOK #0.5 (Nelson Hollow)
Route 8,
Exit at Nelson Hollow Drive or Lyons Road.
(Not in Service).
Built in 1900. Length 24.5m (80' 6").
The oldest covered bridge in New Brunswick!

back

Kent

GRAHAM CREEK (Graham, Tom)
Route 11, Exit 53,
Route 134 west for 1.6 km (0.99 mi.),
Route 495 south for 6.7 km (four mi.),
Route 470 south for 1.3 km (0.99 mi.),
on to Route 510 west for 3.3 km (two mi.).
Built in 1928. Length 41.1m (135')

back

KOUCHIBOUGUACIS RIVER (Camerons Mill)
Route 11, Exit 69,
turn on Saint-Ignace Road west
for 12.7 km (7.9 mi.),
on to Camerons Mill Cross Road,
at Camerons Mill, near Saint-Ignace.
Built in 1950. Length 41.5m (136' ½")

back

Westmorland

COCAGNE RIVER #3 (Poirier)
Route 2, Exit 459A-B,
Route 115 north for 15.5 km (9.6 mi.),
on to Poirier Office Road for 1.7 km (one mi.).
Built in 1942. Length 41m (136')

back

COCAGNE RIVER #5 (Budd)
Route 2, Exit 450,
Route 126 north for 6.2 km (3.8 mi.),
Indian Mountain Road for 7.4 km (4.6 mi.),
on to Victoria Road for 5.7 km (3.5 mi.).
Built in 1913. Length 25.3m (83')

back

MAGNETIC HILL COVERED BRIDGE
Route 2, Exit 450,
to Route 126 North, (Mountain Road) t
o Magnetic Hill Theme Park.
Built in 1983. Length 17.5m (57' 6")

back

MEMRAMCOOK RIVER #4 (Boudreau)
Route 2, Exit 482,
south on Renaissance Road
for 1.9 km (one mi.), on to Gayton Road.
Built in 1930. Length 22.6m (74')

back

PETITCODIAC RIVER #3 (Hasty)
Rte 1, Exit 239,
Rte 106 north (east)
for 4.5 km (2.8 mi.), on to Powers Pit Road.
Built in 1929. Length 37.6m (123'4")

back

SHEDIAC RIVER #4 (Gallant, Joshua)
Rte 2, Exit 459A-B,
Rte 115 north for seven km (4.3 mi.),
Cape Breton Rd for nine km (5.5 mi.),
on to Shediac River Rd for three km (1.9 mi.),
next to north side of highway. (Not in Service).
Built in 1935. Length 25.6m (84')

back

TANTRAMAR RIVER #2 (Wheaton)
Rte 2, Exit 504,
Rte 940 north for 2.5 km (1.5 mi.),
Church Street for 1.3 km (0.8 mi.),
on to High Marsh Rd (Jolicure Road)
for one km (0.6 mi.).
Built in 1916. Length 49.7m (163')

back

Albert

COVERDALE RIVER #3 (Colpitts, Bramford)
Route 2, Exit 433,
Route 112 south for five km (three mi.),
Route 895 south for 5.2 km (3.2 mi.),
on to Colpitts Road. (Not in Service)
Built in 1943. Length 30.5m (100')

back

CROOKED CREEK #3
On Crooked Creek Road,
off Rte. 114, at Riverside-Albert.
(Road not in service)
Built in 1945. Length 28.4m (93')

back

FORTY FIVE RIVER #1
Route 1, Exit 211,
Route 114 south for 45.6 km (28.3 mi.),
on to Forty-Five Road for 7.7 km (4.7 mi.).
Built in 1914. Length 28.7m (94')

back

MITTON WILLIAM
Route 2, Exit 446,
Route 128 east for 6.6 km (four mi.),
Exit 3, Route 15 (Wheeler Boulevard)
south for three km (1.8 mi.),
Route 114 south across causeway,
Route 112 west for 6.3 km (3.9 mi.),
on to Mitton Road.
(Not in Service)
Built in 1942. Length 23.2m (76')
back

POINT WOLFE
Route 1, Exit 211, Route 114 south for 41.5 km (25.7 mi.),
on to Point Wolfe Road in
Fundy National Park of Canada.
Built in 1992. Length 28.8m (94')
back

SAWMILL CREEK #0.5
Route 2, Exit 446, Route 128 East 6.6 km (four mi.),
Exit 3, Route 15 (Wheeler Boulevard)
south for three km (1.8 mi.),
Route 114 south for 50 km (31 mi.).
(Not in Service)
Built in 1908. Length 32.5m (104' 6")
back

SHEPODY RIVER #3 (Germantown Lake)
Route 2, Exit 446,
Route 128 east for 6.6 km (four mi.),
Exit 3, Route 15 (Wheeler Boulevard)
south for three km (1.8 mi.),
Route 114 south for 65.7 km (40.8 mi.),
on to Midway Road.
Built in 1903. Length 18.6m (61')
back

TURTLE CREEK #4 (Jonah, Peter)
Route 2, Exit 446,
Route 128 east for 6.6 km (four mi.),
Exit 3, Route 15 (Wheeler Boulevard)
south for three km (1.8 mi.),
Route 114 south across causeway,
Route 112 west for 5.3 km (3.2 mi.),
Route 910 south (Turtle Creek Road)
for 13.9 km (8.6 mi.),
on to Jonah Road.
Built in 1912. Length 19.5m (64')
back

WELDON CREEK #3 (Steeves, Hartley)
Route 2, Exit 446,
Route 128 east for 6.6 km (four mi.),
Exit 3, Route 15 (Wheeler Boulevard)
south for three km (1.8 mi.),
Route 114 south for 24 km (14.9 mi.),
on to Route 910 west for four km (2.4 mi.),
at Salem, near Hillsborough.
Built in 1923. Length 18.3m (60')
back

Saint John

HARDSCRABBLE #2 (Irish River #2)
Route 1, Exit 137A-B,
Route 111 east for 39.2 km (24.3 mi.)
to St. Martins, on to Main Street
for 2.5 km (1.5 mi.).
Built in 1946. Length 21.9m (72')
back

TYNEMOUTH CREEK
Route 1, Exit 137A-B,
Route 111 east for 27.3 km (16.9 mi.),
Route 825 south for 1.6 km (0.9 mi.),
on to Tynemouth Creek Road
for 3.5 km (2.1 mi.),
at Tynemouth, near St. Martins.
Built in 1927. Length 28.7m (94' 2")
back

VAUGHAN CREEK (Irish River #1)
Route 1, Exit 137A-B,
Route 111 east
for 39.2 km (24.3 mi.) to St. Martins,
to Main Street for 2.3 km (1.4 mi.),
on to Bayview Road.
Built in 1935. Length 21.8m (71' 6")
back

Kings

BELLEISLE CREEK #2 (Marven)
Route 1, Exit 175,
Route 124 west for 3.9 km (2.4 mi.),
on Belleisle Road for 5.8 km (3.6 mi.),
turn left on to Swamp Road for 2.5 km (1.5 mi.).
Built in 1903. Length 21.6m (71')
back

BLOOMFIELD CREEK
Route 1, Exit 166,
turn north/west on Bloomfield
Ridge South Road,
turn right on Centennial Road,
turn left on Bloomfield Station Road.
Built in 1917. Length 44.5m (146')
back

DARLINGS ISLAND
Route 1, Exit 141,
Route 119 for 1.7 km (one mi.),
Route 100 north for 6.6 km (four mi.),
on Station Loop Road for 1.4 km (0.8 mi.),
on to Darlings Island Road for one km (0.6 mi.).
(Not in Service)
Built in 1914. Length 41.7m (137')
back

HAMMOND RIVER #2 (French Village)
Route 1, Exit 141,
Route 119 for 1.7 km (one mi.),
Route 100 north for 3.5 km (two mi.),
Stockfarm Road for 2.8 km (1.7 mi.),
on to Route 860 North (East).
Built in 1912. Length 55.2m (181')
back

HAMMOND RIVER #3 (Smithtown)
Route 1, Exit 158,
Route 100 west for 2.7 km (1.6 mi.),
Lakeside Road for 4.7 km (2.9 mi.),
Route 860 east for one km (0.6 mi.),
on to Damascus Road.
Built in 1914. Length 55.7m (182' 9")
back

KENNEBECASIS RIVER #7.5 (Salmon)
Route 1, Exit 195,
on to Route 890
north for one km (0.6 mi.).
(Not in Service)
Built in 1908. Length 34.2m (112' 2")
back

KENNEBECASIS RIVER #9 (Plumweseep)
Route 1, Exit 198,
Route 114 north for 1.5 km (0.9 mi.),
on to Plumweseep Road,
at Plumweseep, near Sussex.
Built in 1911. Length 22.5m (74')
back

KENNEBECASIS RIVER #23 (Malone)
Route 1, Exit 211,
Route 114 south for 5.8 km (3.6 mi.),
on Goshen Road for 7.2 km 4.4 mi.).
Built in 1911. Length 17.7m (58')
back

MILKISH INLET #1 (Bayswater)
Route 7, Exit 80,
Route 102 north for 1.2 km (0.7 mi.),
Route 177 south for 2.2 km (1.3 mi.),
take Westfield Ferry,
Hardings Point Road for 1.5 km (0.9 mi.),
on to Route 845 East for 9.2 km (5.7 mi.).
Built in 1920. 2 spans at 31.4m (103')
back

MILLSTREAM RIVER #5 (Centreville)
Route 1, Exit 193,
Route 10 north (west)
for 8.3 km (five mi.),
Route 880 north for 3.2 km (1.9 mi.),
on to Pleasant Ridge Branch Road.
Built in 1911. Length 28.9m (95')
back

MOOSEHORN CREEK #1.5
Route 1, Exit 175,
Route 124 North,
on to Riverview Drive south
for 3.2 km (1.9 mi.) to the parking area.
(Not in Service)
Built in 1915. Length 28.9m (94' 8")
back

SMITH CREEK #1 (Tranton)
Route 1, Exit 193,
north on to Roachville Road
for 2.6 km (1.6 mi.),
at Roachville, near Sussex.
Built in 1927. Length 36.7m (120' 6")
back

SMITH CREEK #5 (Oldfields)
Route 1, Exit 195,
Route 890 north for 12.8 km (7.9 mi.),
on to Oldfield Road.
Built in 1910. Length 28m (92').
*In 1992, this bridge was pictured
on the first 25 cent coin
featured in a series to mark the
125th anniversary of Confederation!
back

TROUT CREEK #4 (Urney)
Route 1, Exit 198,
Route 111 south for 4.2 km (2.6 mi.),
Dutch Valley Road (Waterford Road)
for 5.5 km (3.4 mi.),
on to Urney Road.
Built in 1905. Length 20.1m (66')
back

TROUT CREEK #5 (Moores Mills)
Route 1, Exit 198,
Route 111 south for 4.2 km (2.6 mi.),
Dutch Valley Road (Waterford Road)
for eight km (five mi.),
on to Drummond Road.
Built in 1923. Length 17.8m (58' 6")
back

WARD'S CREEK #2 (MacFarlane)
Route 1, Exit 198,
Route 111 south for 10.8 km (6.7 mi.),
on to Wards Creek Road
for 1.8 km (one mi.),
at Upper Wards Creek,
near Sussex Corner.
Built in 1909. Length 17.7m (58')
back

Queens

CANAAN RIVER #1 (Clark, Aaron)
Route 2, Exit 365,
Route 10 east for 2.7 km (1.6 mi.),
Route 112 east for 26 km (16 mi.)
on to Cherryvale Road.
Built 1927. Length 50m (164')
back

GASPEREAU RIVER #2 (Burpee)
Route 2, Exit 365,
Route 10 west for 38.5 km (23.9 mi.),
Route 123 north for 13.7 km (8.5 mi.),
on Cross Road, at Upper Gaspereau,
near Gaspereau Forks.
Built in 1913. Length 49.8m (163' 6")
back

LONG CREEK #1 (Starkey)
Route 2, Exit 365,
Route 10 east for 6.3 km (3.9 mi.),
on to Starkey Road for 1.6 km (0.9 mi.).
(1 Covered Span & 6 Wood Stringer Spans)
Built in 1939. Length 41.5m (136')
back

Sunbury

BACK CREEK #2 (Hoyt Station)
Route 2, Exit 306,
Route 7 south for 8.5 km (5.2 mi.),
Exit 29, Broad Road for one km (0.6 mi.),
turn left on Branch Road for 16.2 km (10 mi.),
Route 101 south for seven km (4.4 mi.),
on to Hoyt Station Road.
Built in 1936. Length 28.8m (94' 4")
back

RUSAGONIS RIVER #2 (Owens, Patrick)
Route 2, Exit 297,
Nevers Road south for 2.5 km (1.5 mi.),
Route 655 west for 5.3 km (3.3 mi.),
turn left on to Wilsey Road.
Built in 1909. 2 spans at 35.2m (115' 6")
back

SOUTH OROMOCTO RIVER #2 (Mill Settlement)
Route 2, Exit 306,
Route 7 south for 8.5 km (5.2 mi.),
Exit 29, Broad Road for one km (0.6 mi.),
turn left on Branch Road for 16.2 km (10 mi.),
Route 101 south for 5.4 km, (3.3)
turn right on Mill Settlement Road for 2.5 km (1.5 mi),
on to West Mill Settlement Road for 200 m (218 yd.),
at Mill Settlement, near Hoyt.
Built in 1912. Length 41.5m (136' 0½")
back

SOUTH OROMOCTO RIVER #3 (Bell)
Route 2, Exit 306,
Route 7 south for 8.5 km (5.2 mi.),
Exit 29, Broad Road for one km (0.6mi.),
turn left on Branch Road for 16.2 km (10 mi.),
Route 101 south for 9.9 km (six mi.),
on to Boyne Road for 6.5 km (four mi.),
at Juvenile Settlement, near Hoyt.
Built in 1931. Length 37.6m (123' 4")
back

York

EEL RIVER #3 (Benton)
Route 2, Exit 212,
Route 165 north for six km (3.8 mi.),
on to Benton Road for 8.5 km (5.2 mi.).
Built in 1927. Length 31.9m (104' 6")
back

Destroyed by fire on October 10, 2008
KESWICK RIVER #6 (Stone Ridge)
Route 2, Exit 285A-B,
Route 101 north for 6.3 km (four mi.),
Route 102 North, take ramp to Fredericton
(Westmorland Street Bridge),
Route 105 north for 17 km (10.5 mi.),
Route 104 north for 14.3 km (9 mi.),
on to Upper Stoneridge Road for 4.3 km (2.6 mi.),
at Upper Stoneridge, near Zealand.
Built in 1914. Length 37.6m (123' 4")
back

NACKAWIC RIVER #5 (Nackawic Siding)
Route 2, Exit 185,
Route 550 east for 3.9 km (2.4 mi.),
Route 103 North for two km (1.2 mi.),
Route 585 east for 26.8 km (16.6 mi.),
on Nackawic Siding Road (seasonal road)
for three km (two mi.),
at Nortondale, near Millville.
Built in 1927. Length 18.3m (60')
back

Carleton

BECAGUIMEC RIVER #3 (Mangrum)
Route 2, Exit 172,
Route 130 east for 5.5 km (3.4 mi.),
turn right on Route 104 for 7.3 km (4.5 mi.),
turn right on Mainstream Road for 5.6 km (3.4 mi.),
turn right on Furlong Road,
on to Foster Road, at Mainstream, Hartland.
Built in 1909. Length 28.9m (94' 8")
back

HARTLAND COVERED BRIDGE
Route 2, Exit 172,
Route 130 east for two km (1.3 mi.),
turn right on Somerville Lane
for 1.3 km (0.8 mi.),
turn left on Route 103,
on to Hartland Bridge Hill Road.
Built in 1901, covered in 1921.
(7 Covered Spans, 4 Reinforced
Concrete Slab Spans).
5 spans at 51m (167' 6"),
2 at 43.9m (144').
The longest covered bridge in the world!
back

FLORENCEVILLE BRIDGE
Route 2, Exit 153,
Route 110 east for 1.5 km (0.9 mi.),
turn right on Route 103, take Centreville Road,
on to Jim Davis Drive.
(1 Covered Span, 4 Steel Thru Trusses, 1 Plate Girder).
Built in 1907. Length 46.9m (154')
back

NORTH BECAGUIMEC RIVER #1 (Adair)
Route 2, Exit 172,
Route 130 east for 5.5 km (3.4 mi.),
turn right on Route 104 for 18.9 km (11.7 mi.),
on to Furlong Road for 200 m (218 yd.).
Built in 1948. Length 18.9m (62')
back

NORTH BECAGUIMEC RIVER #4 (Ellis)
Route 2, Exit 172,
Route 130 east for 5.5 km (3.4 mi.),
turn right on Route 104 for 13.6 km (8.4 mi.),
turn left on Howard Brook Road,
on to Ellis Road,
at Lower Windsor, near Hartland.
Built in 1909. Length 18.3m (60')
back

Victoria

ODELLACH RIVER #2 (Tomlinson Mill)
Route 2, Exit 115,
Route 109 east for 19.2 km (12 mi.),
turn right on Birch Ridge Road,
on to Tomlinson Mill Road.
Built in 1918. Length 18.3m (60')
back

Madawaska

Baker-Brook #2
Route 2, Exit 18,
Hébert Boulevard/Route 120
south for 23.4 km (14.5 mi.),
on to Cyr Street for 5.3 km (3.3 mi.).
(Not in Service).
Built in 1939. Length 28.9m (94' 8")
back

GREEN RIVER #3 (Boniface)
Route 2, Exit 32,
Davis Street north for 4.9 km (three mi.),
on to Boniface Road.
Built in 1925. 2 spans at 28.9m (94' 8")
back

QUISIBIS RIVER #2
Route 2, Exit 32,
Davis Street North, turn right on
Rivière-Quisibis Road for 2.8 km (1.7 mi.),
turn right on Lavoie Road for 5.3 km (3.3 mi.),
on to Deschênes Road.
Built in 1951. Length 16.9m (55' 4")
back

Charlotte

CANAL COVERED
Route 1, Exit 56,
Route 172 west for 0.7 km (0.4 mi.),
Main Street for 2.7 km (1.6 mi.),
Route 770 north for 2.3 km (1.4 mi.),
on to Canal Road for 1.5 km (0.9 mi.),
at Canal, near St. George.
Built in 1917. Length 37.6m (123' 4")
back

DENNIS STREAM #3 (Maxwell Crossing)
Route 1 at St. Stephen,
Route 3 north for 4.2 km (2.6 mi.),
on to Maxwell Crossing Road for 1.5 km (0.9 mi.),
at Old Ridge, near St. Stephen.
Built in 1910. Length 18.3m (60')
back

DIGDEGUASH RIVER #3 (McGuire)
Route 1 at Bethel (east of St. George),
on to Route 760 north for 14.8 km (9.2 mi.),
at Elmsville, near St. George.
Built in 1913. Length 35m (114' 9")
back

DIGDEGUASH RIVER #4 (McCann)
Route 1, Exit 25,
Route 127 north for 10.5 km (6.5 mi.),
on to Route 770 East for 4.3 km (2.6 mi.).
Built in 1938. Length 26.2m (86')
back

DIGDEGUASH RIVER #6 (Dumbarton)
Route 1, Exit 25,
Route 127 north for 19.3 km (12 mi.),
on to Tyron Road.
Built in 1928. Length 23.2m (76')
back

LITTLE LEPREAU RIVER #1.5 (Mill Pond)
Route 1, Route 790
south for seven km (4.3 mi.),
on to Little Lepreau Road,
at Little Lepreau, near Lepreau.
(Not in Service).
Built in 1910. Length 31.9m (104' 6")
back

MAGAGUADAVIC RIVER #7 (Flume Ridge)
Route 3 near the Charlotte
County-York County lines,
Flume Ridge Road for 8.7 km (5.4),
on to Mill Road for one km (0.6 mi.),
at Flume Falls, near Flume Ridge.
Built in 1905. Length 18.3m (60')
back

Navigational Bar Apply for your Free New Brunswick Tourism Guide here! Track your New Brunswick roots here! An index of over 2,500 links from New Brunswick Drop us a note, we'd love to hear from you! Images of the Picture Province of New Brunswick Games, jokes, cartoons, screen savers and more, all free for the taken! General information on the province of New Brunswick Tourism information on New Brunswick Find out recent changes made to the site. A full breakdown of what this site has to offer1 Enter