Salmon and Pea
Submitted by Maureen from Saint John, NB
- 2 lg can of salmon or equiv. fresh/frozen but cook first, bones
and skin removed
- 1 lg can/bag of peas, or fresh if you must
- 1 cup of white sauce (3 T butter, 3 T flour, 1 1/2 cups of
- 1 finely chopped onion or pearl onions
- salt and pepper to taste
- dry mustard optional...for those who think this is a bland
dish. Not that my husband does.
Above ratios can be adjusted to taste. Use 1 can of salmon or 2
cans peas, etc. Add flaked salmon, peas and onions to white sauce and heat
through. Careful not to let it scorch. Serve it with boiled potatoes (hot),
harvard beets (hot) and sliced cucumbers in ice water.